- Bend down on the ground and spread your knees apart
- Your feet should follow your knees expanding
- Place your hands on the ground in front of you and begin to lean forward in between your hands.
- Your head should be in a comfortable position, either on the ground (if you can stretch that deep) or lay a pillow on the ground in between your hands
- Hold this position of 30secs-1mins, relaxing your muscles so your can sink deep into the stretch
- Repeat this 1-3x
- A great stretch of your back
- Open hip joints, which reduces strain on the knees
- This pose stretches on your adductors and glute medius muscles that help build the tendons around the knee
- Don’t forget to breathe deep and not push your muscles past pain.
- You should feel a smidge of discomfort if your muscles are tight, but never hold a position too long or suffer through deep pain.
- Overstretching can also cause damage so it’s best to find that happy medium spot and hold it till you feel you got in a good stretch.