- Put the foam roller underneath one side of your glutes and your feet on the same side on the ground
- Put the opposite ankle on your knee.
- Target glute area where the tightness/soreness resides by SLOWLY moving it up and down the targeted area.
- Hold your body up with your hands, one leg off the ground.
- Engage your core to keep your body balanced in order to get the proper pressure applied to your glutes
- Try doing the same with a tennis ball or a hard plastic ball (for increased pressure)
- Breakdown scar tissue foamed during rigorous exercise
- Relief muscle tightness by lengthening the muscle fiber and restore its elasticity.
Intermediate: Use a harder foam roller (or hard plastic ball) for increased pressure
- DO NOT foam roll before any intense workout.
- Switch legs to make sure you do it for BOTH glutes.
- 3 x 30secs is all your need.
- Excessive foam rolling does not help you, in fact, it may hurt you.