- Lie flat on the floor with a rope or elastic band wrapped around your left foot
- Keeping a straight leg, raise your left leg up 90deg while keeping the other leg on the ground.
- Hold this position between 20-30secs, and relax.
- Alternative your legs
- Repeat this exercise 3-5 times.
- Keeping your hamstrings loose and release tension developed from endurance running.
Beginner: If you are unable to raise your leg to 90deg (due to lack of flexibility), bend your right leg and keep your foot on the ground before raising your left leg.
Advanced: To make the exercise harder, put the rope/band on your toes to get a great calf stretch.