- With a slight forward lean from your ankles, drive hips forward bending your knees until your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- DRIVE ARM – swing your arms like a pendulum driving your arm back on the side with the raised knee, and driving the alternate arm forward on the opposite side
- To test whether you have tight shoulders or not, if you can’t feel the weight of your arms, you have tight shoulders ;-). You should be able to swing your arms freely.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat action on the opposite leg, marching 15-20m forward.
- Maintain proper body & leg alignment THROUGHOUT
- Practice proper running technique w/body alignment in controlled manner
- Works your Hip Flexors when behind and underneath the body
Beginner: Do the Exercise at SLOWLY to get familiar with running movement pattern.
Intermediate: Do the Exercise at SMOOTHLY
Advanced: Add a small hop on each step to mimic natural running action
- Look straight ahead, chin tucked in, and not down on the ground or skyward
- Do not arch your back or slouch.
- Stand tall.