- Do it in front of a mirror to monitor body movement
- Do it with or without shoes, whichever gives you the best balance
- Knee below hip for setting the box height
- Maintain upright posture, knee up, toe up, swing your arms and PAUSE
- Return back to starting position
- Do NOT use your back leg to push off ground.
Increase hip strength to prevent your tendency to rotate your hips laterally during your run cycle
Beginner: Body weight to comfortably do 15reps
Intermediate: Use dumbbells for additional weight, reaching 10reps
Advanced: Use bar rack for even heavier weight, reaching 8reps at max effort
Increase resistance as you get more comfortable and used to the movement pattern. Do not add too much weight as losing balance with a heavy weight is injury-prone.